Monday, April 13, 2009

Passover and Easter

This was my first year celebrating Easter instead of Passover, which is what my Messianic Jewish family does every year. This year, however, I wasn't able to make it back to Jacksonville to be with my family, so I spent Resurrection Day with Josh's family in Niceville.

We went all out - I dyed eggs, did an easter egg hunt and even got an Easter basket from Josh's parents! I am so thankful to be embraced by his family and included in their traditions, and I couldn't ask for a better family to be surrounded by.

However, what this year taught me is that as always, Jesus is the reason for the season, and that this holiday is so much more than colored eggs and bunnies. My God is alive and rose from the grave and is coming back to us!!

Below are two links, one my Grammy wrote in her blog, and the other is an article she wrote of the misconceptions of Easter and the true meaning of Passover.
Blog
What's Wrong with Easter?

In the meantime, here are some pictures of my first Easter:



1 comment:

Unknown said...

We missed you! And i love the big picture at the top of your blog.