Monday, October 26, 2009

His mercies are new every morning...

So it has been quite some time since I last blogged, my Europe trip to be exact. Life has been quite a whirlwind since then. I don't really think anyone reads this so it is not here to serve the purpose of updating readers on every detail of my life. (They're really not that exciting, I promise. Plus, that's what Facebook status updates are for :))

Today I am writing as a way to express my gratitude for how things seem to fall together. I am so thankful I serve a God who answers prayers, and who sees what is in my heart, both needs and desires, and fulfills them to His glory.

I recently have been praying a lot about my life working out for the purpose to pleasing God. I know I never thought I'd find myself in this place several years ago, but here I am. I ended up here with every decision I have made and I feel like I am finding my way every day, becoming more of me. There's really no telling how things turn out and how life surprises you along the way. I just keep hoping this is all happening this way for a reason...that I'm on the right path.

Yesterday I was having a really difficult time feeling unhappy and not fulfilled with my day-to-day life. I work and that's about it. I love my job, but I don't feel like I'm making enough to get by. And I'm still not used to coming home and not being a college student anymore. I still get antsy watching tv all night. I get frustrated not having things to do on the weekends. I don't have friends here so that makes a social life pretty non-existant...let's just be honest here.

So yesterday I was letting all this out on Josh, explaining to him how I feel like I'm missing out on something, like I need more of a life here. All the while I was feeling even more horrible than I already did feel because I was basically telling him he wasn't enough to make me happy. that is not what I meant at all but I knew that was how he was taking it. We both decided we would like extra ciricular activities in our lives but that funds were keeping us from that at this point.

So, today is a new day. And God clearly proved that his mercies are new every day. I got a phone call first thing this morning from a woman who found an ad for babysitting I posted on craiglist(and got no response from until now) and asked if I could dog sit for her for a week, and that she would be interested in me babysitting for her in the future. So that was a small promise of extra funds. Then I got an email from the local Hadassah chapter here with an invite to a luncheon that just happens to be on a weekend that Josh will be out of town. Another small promise of networking, friends and activities.

I know that my relationship with the Lord has to be my number one priority, and if I'm seeking him and what he wants for my life, He will start to show me where he wants me. So this morning was just a little reminder of that.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

enjoyed every word, I like your way of thinking, your pure feelings, the richness of your language, your healthy atitude toward life.
proud of you

savta mala

Unknown said...

Tansition is hard and what an example you are to me and so many others!

Thank you for sharing the blessings that have come through putting God first in your life. He knows our needs and loves His children. He wants us to be happy but it will not be easy. We must practice patience and have faith and we will be blessed.

Steve & I were talking about you just last night. I told him I kept tabs on you on Faceboook.

We love you & want you to be happy!

-Carol & Steve

So happy that

Unknown said...

You have such a lovely heart. Don't worry that you may have felt that Josh isn't enough - no one should ever put that much pressure on a relationship that they have to fulfill all our needs. That would be called co-dependent. We are complex people after all and that is why God gives us other people in our lives!