Friday, May 7, 2010

TGIF

Today is the first Friday since I've been in Baton Rouge. I woke up this morning and began my daily ritual:

Start coffee
Turn on the Today Show
Check Facebook
Check email
Drink coffee

When I got to the Facebook part of my morning, I realized everyone's postings from the morning, and they went a little something like this:

TGIF
Hallelujah, its Friday!
Payday Friday!
Why, hello Friday, it's so nice to see you!


And so on...Normally I would join in on the excitement of my Facebook friends' as they celebrate the last day of the work week, however, this week I am unable to share their joy. For today, I am unemployed. My Friday will be much like every other day I have experienced this week, my first week of not having a job and "being a housewife" as my mother put it.

I am enjoying playing "housewife" (I will clarify for anyone with that sudden thought, "wait, did I miss something?". No, in fact, you haven't...I am not a wife, just playing one, in my own life, as myself).

My days of late have consisted of cleaning, organizing, working out, laying by the pool, reading, cooking and checking things off of my to-do list. It feels quite nice actually, being productive, getting in shape, getting a little color on my skin, cooking dinner for my honey and me.

If you're wondering, the reason I am not getting a job in Baton Rouge right away is because I have plans to be back in Destin for two weeks out of this month and it would be quite pointless to spend six days looking for a job and only being employed for five before I had to leave. So, I will spend the next 21 days working out to get in shape for Chris and Taylor's wedding at the end of the month, then it will be time to find a job.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the look of your blog. And your bio - and adult now, traveled and in debt. funny.