Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where do I live?

So much for moving to Baton Rouge - I feel as though I've only been in this city for a blink of an eye, and when I think about the upcoming two weeks, I cringe.

Yes, I am excited about 14-day road trip I am about to embark on...and thank goodness I didn't get a job yet because clearly I would have been fired already. Living in a secluded city and state far from friends and family and any sign of life form (well, not really, just for our personal lives) results in lots of travel!

The next two weeks will consist of driving to Pensacola, bachelorette party #1, rehearsal dinner, wedding, Memorial Day weekend hanging with Josh's family, two days of training someone new at my old job that I apparently still work at, drive to Jacksonville, bachelorette party #2, hang with my family, then make the 10-hour trip back to my "home" so I can actually make it that.

On another note, we had our first visitor in Baton Rouge. My sister Shiri came to visit for four days. Anyone reading this probably knows Shiri and I are polar opposites and haven't had the easiest relationship over time, but this trip proved to be the best time we've spent together. We shopped and spent lots of time reading by the pool, explored Baton Rouge, hung out in New Orleans, ate great food...and watched True Blood. :)

Anyway, I'm off to finish packing and hitting the road to see our dear friends, Chris & Taylor, get married this weekend! Josh is the best man and I'm in the wedding as well, and we are so excited to be a part of their special day!

1 comment:

Rosalyn said...

... or you could just not go back to Baton Rouge...